FocalFuel is one of the many brain supplements advertised as a “peak performance, premium-quality product.” According to the manufacturer, Focal Fuel LLC, this formula was specially designed to deliver the essential nutrients you need to unlock your mind’s full potential.
Overall, FocalFuel sounds like a fantastic product. Who wouldn’t want benefits like these:
- Unlock the full potential of your brain;
- Better focus, memory, and clarity;
- Better relationships and quality of life;
- Increased productivity;
- Elevated mood;
But does it deliver? According to the manufacturing company, most users should notice improvements within the first 48 hours. The longer you use it, the better results will be.
What Is FocalFuel?
FocalFuel is advertised as a potent nootropic everyone can use to improve both mental and physical health. According to Focal Fuel LLC, their unique formula combines scientifically proven ingredients into one synergistic blend that works wonders when taken daily, as recommended.
However, the formula doesn’t look that unique. It consists of some widely used herbal extracts (like Ginkgo Biloba and St. John’s Wort) and amino acids (such as L-Glutamine).
Everything About the Company
Focal Fuel LLC is a U.S. company located in Denver, Colorado. And this is pretty much all we could find about this company. There is no official website (the domain focalfuel.com is now up for sale), contact information, or any sort of company profile available online.
We found, however, a Facebook page that was last updated in 2017. Not a good first impression.
FocalFuel contains the following core ingredients:
- Ginkgo Biloba (24% extract) 50 mg
- Phosphatidylserine complex 125 mg
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine 50 mg
- St. John’s Wort (.3% extract) 250 mg
- Glutamine (as L-Glutamine Hydrochloride) 150 mg
- DMAE Bitartrate 50 mg
- Bacopin (20% Bacosides) 100 mg
- Vinpocetine 2 mg
Inactive ingredients: Silica, magnesium stearate, and gelatin.
Ginkgo Biloba – It’s one of the most commonly used herbal ingredients in brain supplementation. The plant is well known for its memory support benefits. It has been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine to improve concentration, focus, and overall cognitive health.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine – It’s another common ingredient in many brain supplements. Acetyl-L-Carnitine is added due to its properties to improve memory and focus, elevate mood, and support mental clarity. Acetyl-L-Carnitine also protects brain cells from damaging free radicals.
DMAE Bitartrate– It is a potent mood-enhancer. DMAE is commonly added to brain formulas to improve alertness, focus, and memory.
Bacopin – Helps strengthen your capacity for learning and retention.
Vinpocetine – Commonly used to support cognitive performance and memory by improving circulation to the brain.
St. John’s Wort – Another potent herbal extract that fights depression, improves mood, and increases mental wellbeing.
Phosphatidylserine – This fatty substance covers and protects the cells in your brain and carries messages between them. Phosphatidylserine plays a crucial role in keeping your memory and mind sharp. Animal studies suggest that the level of this substance in the brain decreases with age.
According to the producing company, FocalFuel – which is the result of years of research and development – will work regardless of your age, current mental and physical state. The formula combines seven scientifically proven ingredients into one synergistic mixture that will offer excellent results when taken as recommended.
FocalFuel promises to increase mental energy and productivity while improving attention, focus, and memory. According to the manufacturer, it does this by delivering the brain with all the potent nutrients it needs to function efficiently.
What You Need To Know Before Taking FocalFuel
The recommended daily dose is two or three capsules with water – one or two capsules in the morning, after breakfast, and another capsule in the evening.
According to Focal Fuel LLC, this formula is safe and extremely well-tolerated. There are no known contraindications with any supplements or medications.
However, some people who have taken this brain supplement have reported the following side effects:
- Brain fog;
- Digestive discomfort;
- Mood imbalance;
- Strange or vivid dreams;
FocalFuel product warnings list it’s very similar to what you should expect from a dietary supplement.
- Consult your medical doctor or pharmacist if under treatment with medical prescriptions or over-the-counter drugs;
- Do not use if you are under 18 years of age;
- Consult your healthcare provider or your pharmacist before taking the product if you suffer from any medical condition or have a family history of any medical conditions;
- Do not take if pregnant or nursing.
How Much Does FocalFuel Cost?
A bottle of Focal Fuel contains 60 capsules and is set at $49.99. Remember that the recommended daily intake is two or three capsules, meaning that the bottle would fall short of even lasting an entire month.
What Verified Buyers Say About FocalFuel
NOT worth it! I saw an add on YouTube, and it made me think twice about Adderall. However, this is simply a scam. SAVE your money and drink lots of coffee.
I’m a full student, and I have a full-time job. Lately, it seems impossible to balance my schedule, and I’ve been very stressed out. I randomly found FocalFuel, and I’m so glad I did. It’s amazing! I love it! Not only am I able to get everything done, but my focus in class has been way better, and I’m finally able to enjoy life. Thank you, FocalFuel!
There are several good alternatives to the FocalFuel brain supplement. Some of these alternatives include:
Brain Booster made by Vital Vitamins – Brain Booster is one of the most popular nootropics available on the market and one of Amazon’s best selling brain supplements.
Brain Booster claimed benefits include:
- Supports brain health & reasoning;
- Enhance cognitive function;
- Reduces fatigue & mental fogginess;
- Improves mood, alertness & energy.
NeuroIGNITE made by Havasu Nutrition – This highly recommended nootropic has over 3,000 reviews on Amazon with an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
NeuroIGNITE claimed benefits include:
- Improves focus, energy, memory & clarity;
- Enhances mental performance;
- A caffeine-free formula that helps you stay alert and focused without the jitters or caffeine crash.
Brain Support made by 1 Body – Brain Support is one of the most complex brain-support formulas available on the market with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Brain Support claimed benefits include:
- Improves memory & boosts focus;
- Clinically proven nootropic ingredients such as Alpha GPC, Bacopa Monnieri, Ginkgo Biloba, Rhodiola Rosea, and Huperzine A;
- Clean energy and mood booster that provides clean, calm energy with no caffeine or harsh stimulants.
Our Bottom Line
It is clear to us that this manufacturer has chosen the “safe route” of brain supplementation as the formula contains some of the most commonly used and trusted ingredients in the nootropic community.
While there is a good chance for these ingredients to work – as all of them have been proven effective at supporting and improving brain health – we’re not as confident as the manufacturer is when it comes to immediate results noticeable within the first 48 hours.
On top of that, the lack of additional information regarding the company and this nootropic supplement as a whole is worrying, to say the least. With so many excellent alternatives when it comes to nootropics that work to deliver expected results, we encourage everyone to stay away from FocalFuel and look for a better product. There’re plenty better options out there.
Frequently Asked Questions
ORDER AT AMAZON
Sign up for Amazon Prime and enjoy Amazon’s low prices with fast, FREE delivery, and up to 90% OFF to over 50 million products.
- Focal Fuel official Facebook page. Retrieved on January 18, 2021. [Source]
- What You Need to Know About Dietary Supplements – U.S Food and Drug Administration. Retrieved on January 18, 2021. [Source]
- Ginkgo – webmd.com. Retrieved on January 18, 2021. [Source]
- Rudy Mawer – L-Carnitine: Benefits, Side Effects, Sources, and Dosage. Published on November 6, 2018. Retrieved on January 18, 2021. [Source]
- Cathy Wong – The Health Benefits of Phosphatidylserine. Updated on June 18, 2019. Retrieved on January 18, 2021. [Source]
- Phosphatidylserine Benefits for ADHD, Memory, and Weight Loss – cognitune.com. Retrieved on January 18, 2021. [Source]