Life Equals Focus and Energy is advertised as a potent brain supplement specially designed to increase energy levels and enhance mental focus. Focus and Energy promoted as a potent brain supplement specially designed to increase energy levels and improve mental focus. The U.S. company Life Equals produces Focus and Energy.
According to the manufacturer, this brain-enhancing formula provides a gentle boost of physical energy and mental focus without generating anxiety, jitters, or crashes. Its ingredients consist of the most natural forms of B-vitamins, amino acids, and herbal extracts, including the organic superfood guarana, a natural source of caffeine.
What Is Focus and Energy
Focus and Energy is a cognitive-enhancing supplement claimed to increase overall energy levels, enhance focus, and improve short and long-term memory. Focus and Energy contains a mixture of natural herbal extracts, vitamins, and amino acids.
Some of the advertised benefits include:
- All-natural brain supplement that provides a gentle boost of mental focus and additional physical energy without unwanted side effects such as jitters, anxiety, or crash;
- Complex nootropic formula specifically designed to promote memory and cognitive performance with no harmful side effects;
- Non-habit-forming as it doesn’t contain any potentially dangerous ingredients. It can be safely used by athletes, professionals, trainers, and teachers.
Everything About the Company
Life Equals is a U.S company based in Kansas City, Missouri. The company was founded in 2009 and produces a wide range of dietary supplements. It offers multivitamin and multimineral products in various categories.
Among their most popular nutritional supplements, we can include: Balance the Superfood Shot – Turmeric Blend, Balance the Superfood Shot – Immunity Blend, Balance the Superfood Shot – Mixed Blends, Balance the Superfood Shot – Foundation Blend, Omega-3, CoQ10, and Focus and Energy.
- Phone: +1 (816) 875-6248
- Official website: superfoodshot.co
Life Equals Focus and Energy Ingredients
Focus and Energy contains the following core ingredients:
- Vitamin B1 (as Thiamin HCI) 4.5 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 5 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 15 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCI) 2 mg
- Vitamin B9 (Folate/Folic Acid) 250 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 250 mcg
- Vitamin B5 (as D-Calcium Pantothenate) 6 mg
The formula also contains two proprietary blends:
- Herbal Complex Proprietary Blend 600 mg – Guarana (seed), Ginger (root), Feverfew (leaf), and Spearmint (leaf).
- Amino Acid Complex 870 mg – L-Tyrosine and N-Acetyl L-Cysteine.
Inactive ingredients: Magnesium stearate.
Does not contain: Wheat, corn protein, gluten, yeast, dairy products, artificial colors, soy protein, sweeteners, or preservatives.
L-Tyrosine – Supplementing with Tyrosine is thought to increase neurotransmitters’ adrenaline, dopamine, and norepinephrine levels. By increasing the levels of these neurotransmitters, L-Tyrosine may help improve memory and performance in stressful situations.
Because L-Tyrosine can significantly improve the production of neurotransmitters, it’s believed to act as an antidepressant. However, early research doesn’t support this claim. In one study, 65 people with depression received either 2.5 mg/kg of a common antidepressant, 100 mg/kg of tyrosine, or a placebo each day for four weeks. Tyrosine was found to have no antidepressant effects.
Feverfew – It is a potent antioxidant and helps the body fight chemical, physical, and environmental stress.
Guarana – People take guarana for athletic performance, weight loss, increase energy, mental performance, as an aphrodisiac, and many other conditions. Still, there is not enough scientific evidence to back these claims.
Guarana can also be potentially dangerous when taken long-term in large amounts. Guarana is an excellent natural source of caffeine, which works by stimulating the heart, muscles, and the central nervous system (CNS). Guarana also contains theobromine and theophylline, which are chemicals similar to caffeine.
N-Acetyl L-Cysteine – This amino acid has been proven effective in improving the immune system and relieving body stress.
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) – According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, like other B vitamins, niacin helps the body break down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates into energy. Besides, it plays a role in liver and gland function.
Vitamin B3 also can play a part in improving overall health. According to the National Institute of Health, it is also used to treat circulation problems, migraine headaches, dizziness, and reduce diarrhea associated with cholera.
Ginger – May boost metabolism and lower the risks of certain types of cancer.
Side Effects & Warnings
The recommended daily dose is two capsules in the morning with water. Repeat as needed; however, no more than four capsules in 24 hours.
According to Life Equals, this formula is safe and well-tolerated. There are no known contraindications with any supplements or medications. However, this brain supplement contains ingredients such as Alpha-GPC, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Caffeine, and L-Tyrosine that have been known to cause several side effects including but not limited to headache, nausea, gastrointestinal issue, skin rash, jittery, etc.
Focus and Energy brain supplement product warnings are similar to what you should expect from a dietary supplement:
- Do not take within 6 hours of bed;
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing;
- It is not intended for persons under the age of 18;
- Consult a health care professional before consumption if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking any prescription medications;
- Keep out of the reach of children;
- Use as directed;
- Do not use if the safety seal is missing or broken;
- Store in a cool, dry place;
- If you experience any displeasing side effects, discontinue use, and consult your doctor.
How Much Does Focus and Energy Cost?
A bottle of Focus and Energy brain supplement contains 60 capsules and is set at $29.99. You can also order the product through Life Equals’ official website and take advantage of their VIP offer – one bottle per month for $25.49 + free shipping.
I was interested in seeing if these would make an impact on my day as I have now cut most caffeinated products out of my diet. I was pleasantly surprised when I am taking these pills as recommended that I didn’t experience […] Read full review
Disappointed in how I feel. I have been taking a similar product with the same amount of caffeine (Guarnera), but I bought this to see if I could save money on my energy supplements […] Read full review
There are several good alternatives to Focus and Energy brain supplement. Some of these alternatives include:
Provasil produced by Cognitex Labs, is a well-rounded and powerful brain supplement on the market for many years.
Provasil claimed benefits include:
- Reduces brain fog and forgetfulness
- Improves focus
- Improves memory
Premium Nootropics produced by Via Wellness is another highly regarded nootropic with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
Premium Nootropics claimed benefits include:
- A well-rounded formula that can help you accomplish your goals by giving you enhanced cognition, motivation, and concentration;
- Improve mood, enhance capability, clear brain fog, and increase the feeling of positivity;
- Improve memory and learning ability.
Genius Consciousness produced by The Genius Brand – A great choice and #1 best selling choline-based brain supplement with over 2,600 customer reviews on Amazon.
Genius Consciousness claimed benefits include:
- Clear the cobwebs and reduce the brain fog holding you back from achieving limitless status.
- High quality, clinically proven ingredients
- Powerful formula and a viable alternative to synthetic smart drugs.
- Fast-acting and immediate results due to the inclusion of caffeine into the mixt.
Our Bottom Line
Overall, Focus and Energy looks like a solid choice for anyone searching for a powerful brain supplement to improve focus, increase energy levels, and support better cognitive function. The formula consists of several proven ingredients, such as L-Tyrosine, N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, and Guarana extract.
This is a good thing; all these ingredients have been tested for years and proven to work, especially when combined with B-Vitamins.
Life Equals maintains excellent communication with its customers; they offer an extensive Money Back Guarantee Policy and a VIP deal, which will reduce the monthly cost of Focus and Energy to about $25, significantly less than other similar brain supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions
ORDER AT AMAZON
Sign up for Amazon Prime and enjoy Amazon’s low prices with fast, FREE delivery, and up to 90% OFF to over 50 million products.
- Toshihiko Mokudai, Issam A. Ayoub, Yohtaro Sakakibara, E-Jian Lee, Christopher S. Ogilvy, and Kenneth I. Maynard – Delayed Treatment With Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3) Improves Neurological Outcome and Reduces Infarct Volume After Transient Focal Cerebral Ischemia in Wistar Rats. Published on July 1, 2000. Retrieved on January 30, 2021. [Source]
- University of Maryland Medical Center. Retrieved on January 30, 2021. [Source]
- Todd M. Hillhouse and Joseph H. Porter – A brief history of the development of antidepressant drugs: From monoamines to glutamate. Published on February 1, 2016. Retrieved on January 30, 2021. [Source]
- Official Life Equals website. Retrieved on January 30, 2021. [Source]
- Niacin – mayoclinic.org. Published on October 24, 2017. Retrieved on January 30, 2021. [Source]
- Alina Bradford – Niacin (Vitamin B3): Benefits & Side Effects. Published on February 7, 2018. Retrieved on January 30, 2021. [Source]
- The New England Journal of Medicine – Effects of Extended-Release Niacin with Laropiprant in High-Risk Patients. Published on July 17, 2014. Retrieved on January 30, 2021. [Source]
- Gavin Van De Walle – Tyrosine: Benefits, Side Effects, and Dosage. Published on February 1, 2018. Retrieved on January 30, 2021. [Source]
- L-Tyrosine – examine.com. Published on June 22, 2013. Retrieved on January 30, 2021. [Source]
- Guarana – webmd.com. Retrieved on January 30, 2021. [Source]