Our comprehensive Genius Joy review will be centered around providing detailed answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about The Genius Brand Genius Joy. Our team of researchers dove into this mood booster ingredients, side effects, claimed benefits, effectiveness, price, and best stores to buy from, as well as some good alternatives to Genius Joy.
We researched and analyzed the science behind the formula. We gathered real customer testimonials. We’re here to share the truth behind this nootropic supplement with you.
- What Is Genius Joy?
- Who Makes It?
- Genius Joy Ingredients
- Genius Joy Side Effects
- How Much Does It Cost?
- Where To Buy Genius Joy?
- Genius Joy Review – Pros & Cons
- Genius Joy Reviews – Customer Testimonials
What Is Genius Joy?
Genius Joy is a proprietary blend nootropic supplement claiming to enhance focus, improve concentration, support memory, enhance mood, and alleviate stress and anxiety symptoms. Genius Joy nootropic supplement is recommended to men and women alike and contains a mixture of vitamins, amino acids, and potent nootropic plant extras.
The primary ingredient is SAMe (as Adomix) – a compound widely available in the body and responsible for many health benefits.
Who Makes It?
The Genius Brand is a US-based company founded in September 2015. The company is located in Auburn, Washington State, and it consists of a small team of about ten members.
Besides Genius Joy, The Genius Brand company also sells several other popular dietary supplements such as Genius Consciousness, Genius Mindfulness, Genius Muscle, Genius Sleep Aid, Genius BCAA, or Genius Pre.
The Genius Brand contact information:
- Phone: 1-888-498-9544
- Address: 2204 McFarland 400 Blvd, Alpharetta, GA 30004, USA
- Website: thegeniusbrand.com
Genius Joy Ingredients
The next part of our The Genius Brand Genius Joy review will focus on what’s actually inside the formulation, starting with some of the key ingredients.
Genius Joy includes the following active ingredients per serving:
- S-Adenosylmethionine Tosylate Disulfate (SAMe) 1000 mg
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 350 mg
- Rhodiola 5 Plus (Rhodiola Rosea Extract) 300 mg
- Red Panax Ginseng Root Powder 250 mg
- HTPurity Griffonia Simplicifolia Seed (standardized 98% 5-HTP) 100 mg
- NeuroFactor Coffea Arabica Fruit Extract 100 mg
- TheaKalm Natural L-Theanine 100 mg
- Vitamin B3 (as Niacinamide) 20 mg
- Vitamin B5 (as D-Calcium-Pantothenate) 10 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) 2 mg
- Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin-5-Phosphate) 1.7 mg
- Vitamin B1 (as Thiamine HCI) 1.5 mg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 6 mcg
- Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) 1000 IU
Inactive ingredients include hypromellose (veggie capsules), organic rice extract, organic rice hulls, and ascorbyl (Vitamin C) palmitate.
What Is SAMe?
SAMe (also known as S-Adenosyl Methionine, Adenosylmethionine, or Ademetionine) is a molecule naturally formed in the body, but it can also be synthesized in the lab. SAMe is involved in the activation, formation, or breakdown of other chemicals in the body, including proteins, phospholipids, hormones, and certain drugs.
Typically, the body will produce enough SAMe, but some diseases, as well as low levels of vitamin B12, methionine, or folate, are believed to contribute to low levels of SAMe.
SAMe is typically used for the following health concerns:
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
SAMe is also believed to boost liver health, improve mental performance, help people quit smoking, and even slow the aging process. However, additional research is required in this area.
Is Red Panax Ginseng Safe?
Korean ginseng (Panax ginseng) is in the family Araliaceae, and it’s an herbal supplement that comes from the root of the plant. It is known as the only real source of ginseng.
Due to its unique health benefits, the plant has been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine for improving overall health. Korean Ginseng has been used to lower blood sugar, reduce stress, alleviate anxiety, and even to treat male erectile dysfunction.
Recent clinical research showed that Korean Ginseng could also improve mood, support cognition and strengthen the immune system, and improve cognition.
Genius Joy nootropic supplement contains Red Panax Ginseng. So what exactly is the difference between the Korean Ginseng and Red Panax Ginseng? The difference is in the manufacturing process. Panax ginseng is treated with heat resulting in another form of ginseng called Red Ginseng.
To better understand the difference between Red Korean Ginseng and Korean Ginseng, just think about how many different forms of tea can be obtained from the same tea plant. Utilizing different manufacturing processes, Camellia Sinensis plant can be made into black tea, white tea, green team, each with its unique properties and health benefits.
The exact same thing happens when regular Korean Ginseng goes through a process that involves heating the plant with steam. Afterward, the plant is dried rapidly. The resulting Red Korean Ginseng has some unique bioactive properties, such as its heightened anti-inflammatory properties.
The Vitamin Blend
Besides amino acids and nootropic herbal extracts, Genius Joy also contains a blend of vitamins. Vitamin B2 enhances the rate at which oxygen is used in the body in addition to promoting overall good health. Vitamin B1 is an energy booster that also protects your nerves.
Vitamin B5 aids in the conversion of carbs into energy and also favors the production of red blood cells. Niacin (Vitamin B3) is acknowledged for its brain-boosting functions as well as the ability to decrease cholesterol levels.
Vitamin B12 is responsible for combating fatigue and improving the blood cell condition, while Vitamin B6 is a detoxifying agent. Lastly, Vitamin D is responsible for supporting healthy bones and maintaining optimal phosphorus levels in the brain.
Genius Joy Side Effects
According to The Genius Brand, Genius Joy is safe to use with no associated dangerous side effects. However, as we do for all dietary supplements we review, we advise caution, especially when taking Genius Joy nootropic supplement alongside other nutritional supplements or prescription medication.
In rare cases, mild to moderate side effects may occur. Some of these reported side effects include stomach pains, anxiety, dizziness, nausea, agitation, depression, chest pain, vomiting, irritability, panic attacks, sleepiness, headaches, insomnia, drugged feeling, fatigue, constipation, worsening of bipolar conditions, sweating, diarrhea, increased blood pressure, and increased heart rate.
How Much Does It Cost?
The list price for Genius Joy nootropic supplement is $59.99 (100 veggie capsules, $2.4 per serving). Please note that one bottle of Genius Joy won’t be enough for a full month of use because the recommended daily dose is four (4) veggie capsules.
Where To Buy Genius Joy?
Genius Joy can be purchased directly from The Genius Brand or several online retailers such as:
- Amazon – $57.99 (one time order) or $55.09 (subscription) and free shipping
- Vitamin Shoppe – $59.99
- CVS Pharmacy – $59.99
- eBay – $39.99 + $24.00 shipping fee
Genius Joy Review – Pros & Cons
Genius Joy Reviews – Customer Testimonials
SAMe for depression, anxiety, and pain. N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine for dopamine and noradrenaline production. Rhodiola Rosea to help the body burn fat and adapt to stress. Red Panax Ginseng for concentration […] Read full comment
First off, this is a completely unsolicited review and I paid 60 bucks for this like everyone else! Secondly, I rarely write reviews for anything I buy on Amazon and I buy a lot of stuff. I felt it necessary as […] Read full comment
I ordered the Genius Joy to try because I deal with Major Depressive Disorder and have for many years. I wanted to try something different than what the doctors prescribe for you.. I don’t feel like […] Read full comment
You can also consider some of these alternatives to Genius Joy.
Qualia Mind made by Neurohacker Collective – this nootropic formula claims amazing results at improving memory, focus, mental energy, and concentration. The formula consists of a mix of quality Ginkgo biloba extract, Bacopa monnieri extract, Alpha GPC, DHA, and Rhodiola Rosea leaf extract.
Some of Qualia Mind claimed benefits include:
- Boost focus, mental clarity, memory, and overall cognitive performance;
- Powerful mood support;
- 100% vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO;
- Delivers best results with no jittery bursts or sudden crashes.
neuroIgnite made by Havasu Nutrition – neuroIgnite is one of the best selling and top-rated nootropic supplements available on the market. Bringing in a well-crafted formula based on powerful herbal extracts and amino acids, neuroIgnite has quickly become one of the most popular brain supplements in the United States.
Some of neuroIgnite claimed benefits include:
- Premium quality ingredients;
- Boosts memory, mood, and energy;
- Third-party tested.
SAM-e Complete 400 mg made by Nature Made – another SAMe-based supplement with great reviews on Amazon. SAM-e Complete 400 mg packs a high dose of SAMe at an affordable price.
Some of SAM-e Complete 400 mg claimed benefits include:
- No artificial flavors, no preservatives, gluten-free;
- Science-based formulation;
- #1 Pharmacists Recommended Mood Health Supplement Brand.
Genius Joy nootropic supplement includes the right ingredients in adequate amounts. The formula is unique, interesting, and most of the ingredients make sense in a nootropic supplement claiming to support cognitive health and improve mood.
Many brain supplements take a different approach to support mood, usually centering their formulas on St. John’s Wort – which is a much cheaper nootropic option. Genius Joy, on the other hand, aims for higher standards with its premium quality ingredients.
Of course, a nootropic supplement can never be used as a replacement for antidepressant medication. If depression is a serious concern to you, we recommend consulting with a medical doctor to ensure you’re receiving the treatment you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
ORDER AT AMAZON
Sign up for Amazon Prime and enjoy Amazon’s low prices with fast, FREE delivery, and up to 90% OFF to over 50 million products.
- SAMe – rxlist.com. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]
- Cathy Wong – What to Know About SAMe Supplements. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]
- SAMe – webmd.com. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]
- SAMe – mayoclinic.org. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]
- Anne W.S. Rutjes, Eveline Nüesch, Stephan Reichenbach, and Peter Jüni – S‐Adenosylmethionine for osteoarthritis of the knee or hip. Published online on October 7, 2009. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]
- Ilaria Galizia, Lucio Oldani, Karine Macritchie, Erica Amari, Dominic Dougall, Tessa N. Jones, Raymond W. Lam, Guido Jacopo Massei, Lakshmi N. Yatham, and Allan H. Young – S‐adenosyl methionine (SAMe) for depression in adults. Published online on October 10, 2016. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]
- Nicole S. Porter, Leonard A. Jason, Aaron Boulton, Nancy Bothne, and Blair Coleman – Alternative Medical Interventions Used in the Treatment and Management of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Published online on March 2, 2010. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]
- Park B.G., Jung H.J., Cho Y.W., Lim H.W., and Lim C.J. – Potentiation of antioxidative and anti-inflammatory properties of cultured wild ginseng root extract through probiotic fermentation. Published on December 6, 2012. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]
- Geng J., Dong J., Ni H., Lee M.S., Wu T., Jiang K., Wang G., Zhou A.L., and Malouf R. – Ginseng for cognition. Published on December 8, 2010. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]
- Kim H.G., Cho J.H., Yoo S.R., Lee J.S., Han J.M., Lee N.H., Ahn Y.C., and Son C.G. – Antifatigue effects of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Published on April 17, 2013. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]
- Genius Joy Amazon page. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]
- The Genius Brand official website. Retrieved on January 17, 2021. [Source]