This in-depth California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 review will provide answers to many frequently asked questions about the product. We will also analyze the manufacturer and some other products made by the same company.
Then, we will review the core ingredients and their indispensable role in the overall formulation. Our California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 review will continue with more information regarding potential side effects, claimed benefits, effectiveness, price, and best stores to buy from, as well as some possible alternatives to this Omega-3 supplement.
- What Is California Gold Nutrition Omega-3?
- Who Makes It?
- California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 Ingredients
- How Much Does Omega-3 Cost?
- Where To Buy?
- California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 Review – Pros & Cons
- California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 Side Effects & Warnings
- Customer Testimonials
- Bottom Line
What Is California Gold Nutrition Omega-3?
In the past ten years, many Americans have turned to Omega-3 fish oil supplements, which benefit healthy people and those with heart disease.
California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 is a potent Omega-3 supplement designed to support overall health and wellbeing.
It is worth mentioning that the fish oil used in this Omega-3 supplement is not IFOS (International Fish Oil Standards) certified. According to the company, the source product in their fish oil is IFOS certified.
If you are interested in finding more about the source product used in this Omega-3 dietary supplement, you can contact California Gold Nutrition, and they can provide links to this source product.
However, there is no way to tell what they are actually using in the bottles. There is no paper trail between certified batches of the source product and the individual bottles.
Who Makes It?
This Omega-3 supplement is made by California Gold Nutrition, an iHerb exclusive brand similar to Madre Labs, Sierra Bees, and Fungiology.
California Gold Nutrition is specialized in a wide variety of dietary supplements for immune health, digestive health, bone & joint support, sports & fitness, and various vitamins and minerals for men, women, and children.
Some of their more popular dietary supplements include Gold C (high potency Vitamin C supplement), Digestive Enzymes (for digestive discomforts), LactoBif Probiotics (immune support), BCAA (for muscle mass growth and muscle recovery), and Omega 800 (with pharmaceutical-grade fish oil for cardiovascular health).
California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 Ingredients
California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 contains the following active ingredients per serving (2 softgels): Omega-3 Fatty Acids 640 mg [Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 360 mg, Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 240 mg, and other Omega-3 Fatty Acids 40 mg]
Inactive ingredients include fish gelatin softgel capsule (gelatin from tilapia, glycerin, and water) and Vitamin E (< 0.1% as natural d-alpha-tocopherol).
Omega-3 fatty acids are important nutrients that are essential for overall health and contain both DHA and EPA.
So when are Omega-3s effective?
Research shows that Omega-3 fatty acids can support cardiovascular health. The vast majority of this research involves DHA and EPA, but ALA can also improve your health.
Some benefits of adding Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet include:
- Prevent blood clots from forming because Omega-3 fatty acids help prevent blood platelets from clumping together;
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and supports cardiovascular health;
- Support the “good cholesterol” production;
- Slow the production of substances that are released during the inflammatory response;
- Lower blood pressure
Fish oil is the fat or oil that’s extracted from fish tissue. It is commonly obtained from oily fish, such as tuna, anchovies, herring, and mackerel. Yet it’s sometimes produced from the livers of other fish, as is the case with cod liver oil.
According to The World Health Organization (WHO), eating one or two portions of fish every week is strongly recommended because the Omega-3 fatty acids in fish offer a plethora of health benefits, including protection against several diseases.
It’s important to understand that the types of Omega-3s found in some plant sources have fewer meaningful health benefits than the Omega-3s found in fish oil. While the main Omega-3s in plant sources is ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), the main Omega-3s in fish oil are DHA and EPA, providing significantly more health benefits than ALA alone.
Getting your Omega-3 fatty acids from food is always preferable to a supplement. Not only do you get the marine Omega-3 fatty acids from the fish, but you also likely replace less healthful foods in your diet, such as refined grains, processed foods, or red meat.
How Much Does Omega-3 Cost?
California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 price varies significantly from one retailer to another. Because California Gold Nutrition is an iHerb exclusive brand, you will find the best price for this Omega-3 supplement on iHerb – $7.00 for 100 softgels (50 servings) and $14.00 for 240 softgels (120 servings).
Where To Buy?
You can purchase this product from various online retailers, including:
However, we recommend getting the product from iHerb. California Gold Nutrition is an iHerb exclusive brand, which means iHerb will offer you the best price out of all online retailers.
California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 Review – Pros & Cons
California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 Side Effects & Warnings
Adverse effects of Omega-3 supplements are usually mild. They include bad breath, unpleasant taste, headaches, bad-smelling sweat, and gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, and heartburn.
I bought this fish oil for my mom, it helping her and she did the tests afterward, it’s giving the result, so can say, it’s a […] Read full review
I have been taking these capsules for ten days, so it’s too early to talk about results. But they are easy to take, and there is no aftertaste or any unpleasant […] Read full review
I love this product, mostly because there is no aftertaste or burps. It’s an excellent value for a […] Read full review
Before we conclude our California Gold Nutrition Omega-3 review, let’s take a quick look over several other similar dietary supplements that might be good alternatives for those who are not convinced by this product.
Omega 3 Fish Oil Triple Strength, made by Dr. Tobias, is an excellent fish oil supplement. This supplement claims to offer up to 3 times more Omega 3 fatty acids in every serving using only premium quality fish oil sourced from fresh wild-caught fish. Omega 3 Fish Oil Triple Strength is the best-selling fish oil supplement on Amazon with 18,000+ customer reviews averaging a 4.6 out of 5.0 score.
Fish Oil 1000 mg made by Nature Made is another affordable option. Unlike the supplement made by Dr. Tobias, Fish Oil 1000 mg only costs about 5 cents per serving. The formula contains high-quality fish oil sourced from wild-caught ocean fish.
Fish Oil 1200 mg made by Nature’s Bounty may be a good choice for those looking for rapid release fish oil supplement. Nature’s Bounty Fish Oil 1200 mg contains 720 mg of EPA and DHA, which help support and maintain your cardiovascular and circulatory system’s health.
Omega-3 made by California Gold Nutrition is a pretty solid fish oil supplement with the right balance between quality and price. While not a “premium” fish oil supplement, this formula offers the same Omega-3 benefits but at a much more affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
ORDER AT AMAZON
Sign up for Amazon Prime and enjoy Amazon’s low prices with fast, FREE delivery, and up to 90% OFF to over 50 million products.
- Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplements for Heart Disease – webmd.com. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]
- Freydis Hjalmarsdottir – 17 Science-Based Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Published on October 15, 2018. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]
- Ronald C. Kessler, Wai Tat Chiu, Olga Demler, Kathleen R. Merikangas, and Ellen E. Walters – Prevalence, severity, and comorbidity of 12-month DSM-IV disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Published in June 2005. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]
- Giuseppe Grosso, Fabio Galvano, Stefano Marventano, Michele Malaguarnera, Claudio Bucolo, Filippo Drago, and Filippo Caracci – Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Depression: Scientific Evidence and Biological Mechanisms. Published on March 18, 2014. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]
- Pao-Yen Lin and Kuan-Pin Su – A meta-analytic review of double-blind, placebo-controlled trials of antidepressant efficacy of omega-3 fatty acids. Published in July 2007. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]
- Annie T. Gintya and Sarah M. Conklin – Short-term supplementation of acute long-chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids may alter depression status and decrease symptomology among young adults with depression: A preliminary randomized and placebo-controlled trial. Published on September 30, 2015. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]
- Janice K. Kiecolt-Glaser, Martha A. Belury, Rebecca Andridge, William B. Malarkey, and Ronald Glaser – Omega-3 supplementation lowers inflammation and anxiety in medical students: a randomized controlled trial. Published in November 2011. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]
- Ruairi Robertson – 13 Benefits of Taking Fish Oil. Published on December 18, 2018. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Clevland Clinic. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]
- Should you be taking an omega-3 supplement? – Harvard Medical School. Published in April 2019. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]
- 7 Things To Know About Omega-3 Fatty Acids – National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]
- Yvette Brazier – Can fish oils and omega-3 oils benefit our health? Published on December 20, 2017. Retrieved on February 2, 2021. [Source]