Power Mind is a brain function booster claimed to support memory, focus, alertness, and mental performance. The formula is made by the U.S. company ForestLeaf and it’s just one of the many dietary supplements made by this company.
The formula consists of natural ingredients, such as Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract, St. John’s Wort extract, and Bacopa Monnieri extract. It also includes some high-quality support ingredients like L-Glutamine and Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI.
It is also worth mentioning that all ForestLeaf products are non-GMO and free of nuts, gluten, dairy, and made without artificial flavors or additives.
Everything About the Company
According to ForestLeaf’s official website, their ongoing mission “is to provide consumers with top-quality, innovative, science-based nutritional supplements to support their total health and well-being.”
As stated above, Power Mind is just one of the dietary supplements made by this company. ForestLeaf also makes dietary supplements like Ultra Alpha, 5-HTP Serenity, Advanced Collagen, DHEA Ultra, Thyroid Support, and Vitamin D3.
How to contact ForestLeaf:
- Phone: 929.810.5089
- Email: [email protected]
- Official website: forestleaf.com
Power Mind Ingredients
Power Mind contains the following active ingredients per serving:
- Bacopa Monnieri Extract (20% bacosides) 300 mg;
- St. John’s Wort Extract (0.3% Hypericin) 150 mg;
- L-Glutamine 150 mg;
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract 100 mg;
- Phosphatidylserine 20% 100 mg.
Support ingredients include Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI 100 mg, DMAE 50 mg, Vinpocetine 2 mg, and Huperzine A 25 mcg.
Inactive ingredients include gelatin (capsules), microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, and silica.
St. John’s Wort – Aids in the production of neurotransmitters, including norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine. Some studies demonstrated that it helps in the treatment of mild to moderate depression.
L-Glutamine – This amino acid transforms the glutamine into acetylcholine in the body. Acetylcholine is the primary neurotransmitter involved in several essential brain functions. It also acts as a chemical messenger that improves the nervous system of an individual.
The Many Benefits of Bacopa
This extraordinary plant is known for having a wide range of benefits, from lowering blood pressure levels to preventing anxiety and stress. The potent compounds (bacosides) found in this plant have antioxidant effects.
Antioxidants are compounds that help defend against cell damage induced by potentially dangerous molecules called free radicals.
Bacosides have been shown to neutralize free radicals and stop fat molecules from reacting with free radicals.
When fat molecules react with free radicals, they undergo a process commonly known as lipid peroxidation, which is linked to a number of conditions, including Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and other neurodegenerative disorders.
A recent clinical study showed that Bacopa Monnieri might help support brain function. Research suggests that supplementing with Bacopa Monnieri may improve the ability to retain information and spatial awareness in mice.
Bacopa Monnieri may also help reduce Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms. ADHD is a neurodevelopmental disorder that is characterized by symptoms like inattentiveness, impulsivity, and hyperactivity.
One study in 31 children aged 6-12 discovered that taking 225 mg of Bacopa Monnieri extract daily for six months significantly decreased ADHD symptoms, such as low self-control, impulsivity, inattention, and restlessness in 85% of the subjects.
Another study in 120 children with Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder concluded that taking an herbal mixture that contained 125 mg of Bacopa Monnieri improved impulse control, cognition, and attention compared to the placebo group.
Power Mind Benefits
According to the official website, this potent blend of all-natural ingredients promotes positive mood, increases natural energy, helps improve mental performance, and ignites your mind’s full potential.
Some claimed benefits include:
- Promotes healthy brain functions;
- Promotes a positive mood and energy;
- Assists the use of your mind’s full potential;
- Supports memory, focus, and alertness.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Unfortunately, I cannot use this product due to an extraction in the bottle: Bacopa Monnieri. I happen to have lower blood pressure already, and this particular extract is supposed to slow the heart rate down a bit. The way this affects me is very much different from someone that is hypertensive. This supplement made me very fatigued and very sluggish.
I have been taking these pills for over three weeks now. Still, I have not noticed any change in memory or concentration whatsoever. They say you should take it for at least 90 days, but I do not think I will be taking it for that long, considering how ineffective it is.
How To Take Power Mind?
The recommended dose is two capsules daily, preferably in the morning with a glass of water. Results are best when consistently taken for 60-90 days. Pregnant or nursing mothers should not take Power Mind unless expressly advised by a healthcare practitioner.
Side Effects & Warnings
ForestLeaf advertises this formula as safe to use. According to the company, the supplement doesn’t contain any potentially dangerous ingredients. However, the formula includes several ingredients you should pay attention to.
The first such ingredient is Huperzine A, which is linked to many side effects, such as sweating, loss of appetite, slurred speech, twitching of muscle fibers, blurred vision, restlessness, increased salivation, and frequent urination.
ForestLeaf Power Mind also contains Bacopa Monnieri and Acetyl L-Carnitine, which may cause dizziness, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Lastly, the formulation contains Ginkgo Biloba extract, which is generally considered safe but may cause mild side effects like stomach ache, headaches, and restlessness.
How Much Does It Cost?
Amazon U.S. seems to be the only online retailer selling Power Mind, where one bottle of 60 capsules is available for $16.95.
There are several good alternatives to Power Mind. Some of these alternatives include:
Neuro Health produced by Nature’s Craft – Neuro Health is one of the most popular brain boosters on Amazon U.S. with over 2,000 real customer reviews and an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Neuro Health claimed benefits include:
- Improves memory;
- Boosts brain power;
- Enhance mental clarity;
- Supports cognitive function, concentration, and focus.
You can read our full Nature’s Craft Neuro Health review here.
Neuro Peak produced by Zhou Nutrition – This excellent brain support supplement is manufactured by Zhou Nutrition, an American company renowned for its high standards in producing supplements.
Neuro Peak claimed benefits include:
- Scientifically formulated and the result of many years of research and development;
- Supports better memory, improves focus and clarity;
- Stress and mood support;
- Made with high-quality ingredients.
neuroIgnite produced by Havasu Nutrition – Probably one of the best brain supplements available on the market. High-quality ingredients, years of research, reputable company, excellent customer reviews, inexpensive compared to other similar products, all these in just one supplement.
neuroIgnite claimed benefits include:
- It contains only premium ingredients, including herbal extracts clinically studied for mental performance, and ingredients that support focus and concentration;
- Fast-acting brain supplement carefully formulated with Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and other nootropic brain boosters to help promote a positive mood, support mental performance, and boost energy;
- Caffeine-free mood booster that enables you to stay alert and focused without the jitters or caffeine crash.
Our Bottom Line
ForestLeaf Power Mind is advertised as one of the best brain-enhancing supplements. The formula contains several prevalent ingredients such as Bacopa Monnieri, Ginkgo Biloba, L-Glutamine, and St. John’s Wort Extract supported by scientific research.
However, Power Mind also contains ingredients that lack scientific evidence for support such as Acetyl L-Carnitine and Vinpocetine.
We like ForestLeaf as a supplement manufacturer. This company produced some great dietary products such as Ultra Alpha, 5-HTP Serenity, Advanced Collagen, DHEA Ultra, Thyroid Support, and Vitamin D3, but seems to fall short on this one.
Frequently Asked Questions
ORDER AT AMAZON
Sign up for Amazon Prime and enjoy Amazon’s low prices with fast, FREE delivery, and up to 90% OFF to over 50 million products.
- Ryan Raman – 7 Emerging Benefits of Bacopa monnieri (Brahmi). Published on April 17, 2019. Retrieved on February 01, 2021. [Source]
- Bacopa – webmd.com. Retrieved on February 01, 2021. [Source]
- Tamara Simpson, Matthew Pase, and Con Stough – Bacopa monnieri as an Antioxidant Therapy to Reduce Oxidative Stress in the Aging Brain. Published online on August 27, 2015. Retrieved on February 01, 2021. [Source]
- Sultana R., Pierluigi M., and Butterfield D. A. – Lipid peroxidation triggers neurodegeneration: a redox proteomics view into the Alzheimer’s disease brain. Published in September 2013. Retrieved on February 01, 2021. [Source]
- Vollala V. R., Upadhya S., and Nayak S. – Enhancement of basolateral amygdaloid neuronal dendritic arborization following Bacopa monnieri extract treatment in adult rats. Published in 2011. Retrieved on February 01, 2021. [Source]
- St. John’s Wort – webmd.com. Retrieved on February 01, 2021. [Source]
- Dave U. P., Dingankar S. R., Saxena V. S., Joseph J. A., Bethapudi B., Agarwal A., and Kudiganti V. – An open-label study to elucidate the effects of standardized Bacopa monnieri extract in the management of symptoms of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in children. Published in 2014. Retrieved on February 01, 2021. [Source]
- Katz M., Levine A. A., Kol-Degani H., and Kav-Venaki L. – A compound herbal preparation (CHP) in the treatment of children with ADHD: a randomized controlled trial. Published in November 2010. Retrieved on February 01, 2021. [Source]
- Official ForestLeaf website. Retrieved on February 01, 2021. [Source]